In 2009 the Legislature create an Iowa Jobs (I-JOBS) state investment program, through the issuance of bonds rather than raising taxes. During the 2009 and 2010 sessions, the Legislature created an $875 million I-JOBS program, which is a state recovery package designed to:
- create/retain jobs
- rebuild communities impacted by the natural disasters of 2008
- invest in Iowa’s infrastructure
- promote long-term economic growth
See a list of the the I-JOBS programs and agencies that administer them.
- Investing in our roads
- Improving our highways and bridges
- Improving water quality
- Helping communities, businesses, and families that were affected by the flood get back on their feet
- Preparing for future disasters
- Improving our quality of life through community attractions and tourism, lakes restoration, and revitalizing our state parks
- Keeping our promise to the men and women who serve our country by expanding and renovating the Iowa Veterans’ Home
- Making smart investments and building a brighter economic future for all Iowans
View the July, 2010 I-JOBS report here.